The MassTech™ Atmospheric-Pressure Matrix-Assisted Laser-Desorption Ionisation (AP-MALDI) source enables mass spectrometers fitted with an electrospray or nanospray source to have the additional capability of MALDI. It is called AP-MALDI because, unlike vacuum MALDI, ionisation takes place under atmospheric conditions. This provides several important advantages including convenience, speed of analysis, simplicity of operation and cost. Ion funnel technology and Sub‑AP‑MALDI is also available for enhanced sensitivity if needed.
- Change between MALDI and ESI/nanospray in minutes. Calibrate in ESI and switch to MALDI without recalibration. Sample plates loaded in seconds as there is no waiting for vacuum to be achieved - see a video of the installation of an AP-MALDI source below
- MS-MS and MSn data (if instrumental capabilities permit) from a MALDI source for enhanced sequencing information at a fraction of the cost of a TOF-TOF instrument
- Robotic control of MALDI targets with CCTV point-and-click visual alignment checking for confidence in operation
- Imaging acquisition and processing software for MALDI imaging of tissues and other surfaces
- Can be fitted to instruments from Thermo, Agilent, Bruker and Sciex
- Custom sources on request