The MassTech™ Atmospheric-Pressure Matrix-Assisted Laser-Desorption Ionisation (AP-MALDI) source enables mass spectrometers fitted with an electrospray or nanospray source to have the additional capability of MALDI. It is called AP-MALDI because, unlike vacuum MALDI, ionisation takes place under atmospheric conditions. This provides several important advantages including convenience, speed of analysis, simplicity of operation and cost.
- Change between MALDI and ESI/nanospray in minutes. Calibrate in ESI and switch to MALDI without recalibration. Sample plates loaded in seconds as there is no waiting for vacuum to be achieved - see a video of the installation of an AP-MALDI source above
- Fast imaging, 2.5 hours to image a 1 cm x 1cm section when coupled with latest fast scanning mass spectrometers ( 12Hz or better)
- High resolution X-Y stage for 5 micron spot size
- S/W can run sequences of multiple regions of interest and non-rectangular areas of tissues
- MS-MS and MSn data (if instrumental capabilities permit) from a MALDI source for enhanced sequencing information at a fraction of the cost of a TOF-TOF instrument
- Robotic control of MALDI targets with CCTV point-and-click visual alignment checking for confidence in operation
- Imaging acquisition and processing software for MALDI imaging of tissues and other surfaces